Re: [TenTec] Orion II - Tech Topics

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II - Tech Topics
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 12:44:43 -0400
I realize those limitations.  What I was getting at, apparently not very well,
was that mixing schemes may indeed be able to minimize the effect of drift
in oscillators.  I was using the Wadley Loop as an example of such a mixing
scheme.  I have not seen the block diagram for the Orion front end but
obviously, it does not suffer from limited dynamic range.  I am pretty sure it
does not use the Wadley Loop.  I think Ten Tec's point is that the mixing is
arranged such that the reference oscillator drift causes drift in one direction
at the output of one mixer stage and drift in the opposite direction at the
output of another mixer stage, hence, cancelling or reducing overall drift.

73,

-Lee-
WA3FIY