Re: [TenTec] Orion II - Tech Topics

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II - Tech Topics
From: Sinisa Hristov <shristov@ptt.yu>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 12:48:53 -0400
wa3fiy@radioadv.com wrote:

> I don't think the Orion uses the Wadley Loop but perhaps the mixing
> scheme in the OII is along the same lines or at least achieves the same
> end???

All of the cancellation is already there in Orion I.

Both Orion I and Orion II achieve the same result with immeasurable difference,
which is present only because the DSP sampling frequency is not locked to TCXO.

And even that minute difference is theoretical only, because it is likely to be
masked by the sampling frequency drift, which is larger by the ratio of
ordinary CMOS IC oscillator drift to TCXO drift.

If the DSP sampling frequency had been locked to TCXO, both Orion I and Orion II
would have had exactly the same stability, equal to TCXO stability, as Martin
AA6E explained, and completely unrelated to the mixing scheme used.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VE3EA