Re: [TenTec] I need help in repairing my Argosy II

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] I need help in repairing my Argosy II
From: "Ed - K9EW" <k9ew57@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:29:08 -0500
Hi Giorgio,

I have a couple of questions...

1)  Have you called TenTec?  They may be able to give you a very short
list of things to check.

2)  Does your PTO tune smoothly?

3)  When you tune in a signal, can you go directly to the frequency
you want, or do you have to rock the PTO back and forth to tune in the
signal?

4)  If you stay in the Receive mode and don't transmit, does the
frequency jump occur?  If it does, does it happen within a few minutes
of turn-on, or is it after the rig has "warmed up"?

5)  Does this problem occur on all bands, or just one or two?

This may help narrow down the possible sources, and I'd highly
recommend a call to TenTec.

73,
ed - k9ew