Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V and an amplifier

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V and an amplifier
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 22:30:11 -0400
OK, let me eat a little crow and try the numbers again.   :-)   Seems there
are two peaks, on 40 meters anyway, and of course I got the wrong one
first time around.  The load control is now near max CCW.

Same test conditions as first reported but with much different results.

With 20 watts drive, 200 watts out, 576 watts input, 376 watts dissipation,
approx 35% effeciency.   Not exactly great but much better than my first set
of readings.

I would think with these numbers, the SB-200 would be quite useful at 20
watts drive.

I tried tuning up at full power, 1000 watts input and then reducing drive to
20 watts.  Although that gave almost 200 watts output, tuning up at 20 watts
gave the most output and best effeciency.  So Bob, since you already have
the SB-200 give it a try.  Hopefully it will tune the MARS frequency OK and
get you around 200 watts and not be abused in the process.

73,

-Lee-
WA3FIY