Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 48, Issue 40

To: <gsm@mendelson.com>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 48, Issue 40
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 17:00:31 -0500
During WWII, the army taught morse code to lots and lots of soldiers.  They
gathered a lot of statistics on it.  Their conclusion was that everyone
could learn morse code to 25 wpm.  There were some that had a much better
natural aptitude for it and could go much higher in speed but again everyone
could get to 25 wpm.  Now, of course, this was just the subset of people
that could get into the army and pass their physical.

Let's be realistic about this new FCC ruling.  It is not a disaster for CW.
A disaster would have been if CW was no longer allowed.  The way it is now,
only the people that want to learn CW will learn it.  What is wrong with
that?  I plan on enjoying CW for a long time.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain
Hays, NC 28635