Re: [TenTec] [Fwd: FCC ELIMINATES CW EXAM]

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Fwd: FCC ELIMINATES CW EXAM]
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@qsl.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:01:16 -0500
I know this is off-topic, but I can't resist. What you discuss was
already in the movie "Independence Day". In the movie, aliens attack the
earth. Nothing can stop them and they knock out all of our satellites.
We devise a way to upload a computer virus to the alien ships that will
disable their defenses. Once their defenses are down, a coordinated
world-wide air strike is required, but how to coordinate it? The answer,
articulated proudly by the chairman of the JCS is morse code! The scene
cuts to a room with a row of operators pounding away at straight keys.

The film is worth it for that one scene!

By the way, U.S. Special Forces are still trained in cw. They could tell
you about it but then they'd have to kill you.

Happy Christmas!  Happy Hanukkah!

                                        73,

                                        Bob WB2VUF