Re: [TenTec] Class A

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Class A
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@tx.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 09:39:29 -0600
>   Hmm, so how is he reading the CW - computer or ears?
>   This could open a whole new can of worms...

Oh I hope not.

I was idling speculating on why, as the original poster commented, it no
longer seems to be as general a practice as it once was to slow down for the
newbie.  I'm guilty, too, I suppose, because I have my keyer's speed control
set with 15 wpm as the minimum, although it's still relatively easy to send
slow Farnsworth, even at that.

I simply got this mental image of an old guy with a green eye-shade, sleeve
garters and a big ceegar, in a dimly lit room, basking in the warm glow of
his radios -- sending on a plastic keyboard.  Didn't seem right :-)

Of course, radios no longer glow so much (LCD panel displays and computer
screens don't count), and I'm not even sure where one would buy a green eye
shade these days, although most western wear stores  still sell sleeve
garters :-)

Grant/NQ5T