Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Keyer Speed Control

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Keyer Speed Control
From: John Huffman <hjohnc@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:31:25 -0500
Hi Don -

I have only had this rig for a couple of weeks and am trying to use the
internal
keyer to minimize the number of 'boxes' i have on the desk.  I have gotten used
to the timing or the internal keyer and seldom use memories anyway, so the only
thing I would like to improve is the speed control.

Mine also covers 15-30 in two marks.  That's a little touchy for my taste.  The
total travel of the knob looks to be about 270 degrees, but for me only 55
degrees are useful.  Even a two turn pot would be a big help.

I've emailed Ten Tec and Paul replied, "The pot sends information to the DSP
and
  the DSP controls the keyer speed, can not change the value. The keyer is only
program in the processor chip."  I'm not sure he understood my question so I
asked again for the value of the pot.  I haven't received a reply.

If I give up, I will go back to my CMOS II keyer.  Mine is HB and is a little
rough, but that Idiom Press chip is still a beauty.

73 de K1ESE
John