Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Keyer Speed Control

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Keyer Speed Control
From: John Huffman <hjohnc@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:32:06 -0500
Don -

Further investigation shows that all three wires - brown, white, red - go to
connector D on the logic board.

I put a 4.7K resistor between the brown and purple wires.  It made no change in
the keyer speed.  The range remained 10-61 wpm.  Also tried it between the
white
and the brown and between the white and the purple.  Again, no change.

Wonder what I'm missing?

A 10-turn pot may be too long for the space - about 1 1/8" behind the panel.

73 de K1ESE
John