Re: [TenTec] LOTW

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] LOTW
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 21:46:34 -0400
My return rate for W3WN has been about 25%.  My return rate under WN3VAW was
under 10%, but if you discount my logs prior to about 1995, it also
approaches 25%.  Considering that most older logs exist on paper and may
never be digitized, that's not bad.

I have also come to dislike eQSL's selling printed QSL cards for $1 each.  I
noticed when I set up my W3WN account that they've now added terminology to
indicate that you agree to give them the right to act as your non-exclusive
QSL manager when you now sign up for the service.

Of course, eQSL has given me my only "confirmation" of North Korea -- now
where did I put that P5SLIM eQSL?  To say nothing of the many Russian SWL's
who have posted requests for "reception reports" for dates and times when I
wasn't even on the air.  [And let's not even discuss the SM & LA guys I
worked on 75 phone and 80 CW who will gladly eQSL but refused to acknowledge
a physical card with $ as they can't be bothered -- of course, they kept the
money... yeah, I know that's just lids and not really eQSL's fault]

Ah, gang?  This has been hashed and rehased on DX QSL, CQ CONTEST, DX CHAT
and DX LIST many times over the last few years.  Why are we rehashing it all
again here?