[TenTec] Remote rig operations

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Remote rig operations
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:43:00 +0000
One other thing...I would like to think of myself as one who accepts new technological advances and I'm sure the new Ten Tec rig is a cool achievement but I guess I am old fashioned about the remote rig thing in that I am annoyed if I find myself working a ham in Calif. let's say, and it turns out he is running a rig that is 60 miles away from me. I would give him my phone no. and tell him to call me on the land line as I think he may as well since our qso is mostly over wires as it is.

No offense Art, but my heart isn't bleading for you, having to miss those rare ones on account of being on vacation four times a year and the horror of having to rearrange your fly fishing time. It must be dreadful.

73,

rob / k5uj

n the 90s the ARRL created a bunch of new DXCC entities, most in the Pacific. Before I retired I used to take 4 vacations a year (I worked for a public school district - your tax dollars hard at work). I can't tell you how many DXpeditions I missed because I was on vacation. One of those DXCC Entities is going to be up the end of April. I moved my fly fishing trip to the beginning of May.

i'm making a difference.?Make every IM count for the cause of your choice. Join Now. http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0080000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=hmtagline