Re: [TenTec] ten tecs have 100 watts out on carrier??

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ten tecs have 100 watts out on carrier??
From: "Chuck & Vicki Tifft" <cftifft@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 09:09:38 -0700
Sounds like you are using "tune and CW" modes in the same context. In many
older radios US and Metric. There was an actual tune mode. In the tune mode
(especially in tube rigs) the screen voltage was reduced to the final tube,
restricting power output while"tuning" thus protecting the final tube(s). To
then check full carrier output after tuning was completed, you needed to key
the rig in the CW mode to see full output carrier, and if the rig had a
drive control that needed to be adjusted for max output also. I have had,
and still have many Jap radios, and they all will put out around a 100 watts
of CW carrier or more.Some of the current rigs might a tune mode the reduces
output for safe tuning of antennas and such. In such a case to check for
full carrier output you would need to switch to the CW mode and key the rig,
again with carrier control or drive control set for max output..Many things
can effect your average voice peaks. ALC, Speach Processing, adjustment of
each of these or lack there of. And of course  microphones.
Hope that helps some.
73's
W6RD