Re: [TenTec] ten tecs have 100 watts out on carrier??

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ten tecs have 100 watts out on carrier??
From: john ferro <foxbat426@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 15:56:56 -0400
otakebi, it has nothing to do with high SWR - i don't know where you are
getting this from. when i tune my ten tec i turn up the RF power slowly and
tune my swr on my antenna tuner for low swr - i do the same thing on the jap
rigs, but only in am mode not cw mode like on the ten tecs.> From:
OTAKEBI@aol.com> Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 15:42:12 -0400> To:
tentec@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TenTec] ten tecs have 100 watts out on
carrier??> > Mike, I think he is putting RF into a high SWR and his rigs are
folding back > the ALC.> The Ten Tec's don't fold back they rely on a breaker
that trips when the > PA's draw 22 amps.> He must not be using a TT supply or
Airpax fuse and the PA's are about to > let out all the smoke that's in them.>
He had better stick with the more user friendly Japanese rigs.> Dan/N4VET> > >