Re: [TenTec] ARGO V Mobile Power Source

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ARGO V Mobile Power Source
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@gti.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:36:14 -0400
Jim:

Have you checked the Explorer Forum?  (http://www.4x4central.com or
http://explorerforum.com) Look in the ham radio subforum under the
hobbies forum.  Also Ford has a radio installation guide that can be
downloaded from the web site.

Usually the main source for EMI in the Explorer is the fuel pump,  but
the heater blower motor can put out a lot of noise, too.  Most of the
noise pickup is via the antenna, but if you want to filter the power
leads, try coaxial feedthrough capacitors.  They are made by
Cornell-Dublier and  are available from RF Parts Company.  Ferrite
chokes on the power leads may also work.

I've been able to run my Scout for on a 7 Ah gel cell for a couple of
hours at a time.  You should be able to do the same with the Argonaut V.

                                73,

                                Bob WB2VUF