Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec 238A settings?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec 238A settings?
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:36:34 -1000
My highest antenna is a folded monopole. So the whole thing is connected
to ground and the ground radial system, with about 100 feet of coax
between that ground system and the shack. I have another much lower
antenna which is a dipole and is not grounded or protected from
lightning at all. There are plenty of trees and power lines in the
vicinity that are higher above ground than the highest point of my
highest antenna. I'm taking chances. I think my chances are good.
Nevertheless, thanks for reminding me that I really need to put the
effort in and get my lightning protection done right, before my luck
runs out.

DE N6KB