Re: [TenTec] regarding "open source" in survey

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] regarding "open source" in survey
From: ron <roncasa@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 12:21:34 -0400
 I have remained silent but did participate in the survey.

I find the survey sufficient and understand TT approach to such. Merely
a study to procure interests in possibly designing their next radio(s).

However some have admitted to checking open source/software acceptance
and rightly so.

To understand open source concept, I refer you to following links
regarding this subject.
I find open source concept workable and reliable. One only needs to look
at "Firefox" and "Open Office" among many others among them, Linux. for
example, has matured into a reliable product used by many agencies,
corporations, governments, servers Hollywood movie makers and of course
in homes, as desktop operating system both in this country and across
the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_source

http://www.fsf.org/

http://opensource.nokia.com/

http://radio.linux.org.au/

http://www.linux.com/feature/59958

this should be enough for all to research and go from there ...

73
Ron
"the 516 is a keeper"