Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Transceiver Survey

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Transceiver Survey
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:56:58 -0600
On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 12:44 -0400, Perry W. Remaklus wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I agree. Get it thought our before you begin to write code. Most of the
> time and work will be in the thinking stage.
>
> Perry W1COW

Then it makes for much happier customers to take the time to be sure the
code does ALL the thought out performance before the customer sees the
code. Whipping out changes and shipping the same day leads to frustrated
customers when the "improved" code fails to run some previously working
code segment that is fundamental to the radio's operation. Like ... mode
shifts on the sub receiver, noise blanking, noise reduction, lock ups,
AGC pumping from notched signals, and other such complaints I read on
this forum directed at recent Orion firmware. My Corsair II hasn't such
problems, but I can't run it by wire either.

73, Jerry, K0CQ