Re: [TenTec] Lowest loss matching an antenna for my Argonaut 509

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Lowest loss matching an antenna for my Argonaut 509
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 15:20:36 -0700 (PDT)
Lowest loss matching an antenna has to be the antenna that does not
need a metal composite balun or a tuner and use only Type "N" connectors
through out.

With that said, and saw some one say use single band antennas.

Use a COAX CHOKE at the feed point.

You want a 50 ohm center impedance at the feed point and use 50 ohm coax.

At this is telling me that an inverted vee would be the optimal antenna to use.

If you have a 100 foot tower and a yagi at the top and all what I just had said
was can be ignored.

 Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD