Re: [TenTec] K3 vs Orion One

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] K3 vs Orion One
From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 10:21:35 -0400
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 10:07 AM, John <fraz1@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Well, I agree, but since we started it, some guys are probably interested.
>  Let me end it by telling you that even a setting of 3.0, the max, doesn't
>  get it done here.

(I still don't think this conversation belongs on the Ten-Tec reflector)

1.5 gets me equal amplifier output between cw and compression-less ssb
(in other words, I'm supplying equal drive to my Acom in cw and ssb)

I suggest you post to the Elecraft reflector and/or contact support -
perhaps your ALC or audio configuration needs some tweaking or you
need to recalibrate your transmitter gain since you seem unable to get
sufficient drive to the finals.

73/GL,
Barry N1EU