Re: [TenTec] Jupiter firmware any news????

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter firmware any news????
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 00:03:58 -0400
With all due respect... it's the military and commercial markets that permit
Ten-Tec to continue to make Amateur gear.  It's not the other way around,
much as we might like it to be.

(Think otherwise?  Well, I might well be wrong... but there's a simple
proof:  Go talk to Rockwell-Collins about re-entering the amateur market)

I think we forget sometimes that Ten-Tec is a relatively small company,
surviving in a market dominated by competitors that are much bigger.  And
sometimes that means that R&D assets must be shifted when a major customer,
like the military, needs something done quickly.

The project is delayed, not abandoned.  Patience.