Re: [TenTec] Jupiter - Such a Quiet Puppy

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter - Such a Quiet Puppy
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:47:52 -0600
Are we speaking of internal noise or external noise?  There is a big
difference.   Actual noise performance requires test equipment and specific
measurement technique.  Just connecting an antenna and turning up the gains
actually concludes nothing with regard to receiver noise or receiver
quietness.

A grounded station/antenna such as using a G5RV needs no ground at all to
operate successfully.  And it might be that noise is being picked up on the
ground thus making the situation worse as opposed to better.

73
Bob, K4TAX