Re: [TenTec] OT Again: Eico 710 GDO

To: geraldj@storm.weather.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT Again: Eico 710 GDO
From: John Graves <jh.graves@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:24:17 -0500
Jerry,

I suspect the tube myself.  I have the case off.  The GDO is in a
subchassis and I started to take it apart but figured if I could find
the construction manual, I might save myself some grief.  I think I will
take some voltage measurements which would require I remount a ground I
have already lifted.  Boy, being a ham sure gets interesting some times!

This started because I wanted to see how my Antenna Analyzer was as a
frequency counter, and I have an old Cushcraft 5 band verticle that was
given to me.  I tried it and it did not work!  I took the first trap
apart and found that critters had found a new home.  Ahh well.  I am a Ham.

John Graves
WA1JG