Re: [TenTec] G5RV

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] G5RV
From: Bill Rowlett <kc4atu@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 23:48:16 +0000
No, the position taken is that G5RV designed the antenna to provide what he
wanted on 20 meters, therefore the original design was a gain antenna on 20
meters. The fact that it works other bands with a tunner is a plus. You can
scale it for any band which you want, just call it a G5RV-TYPE and not a G5RV.

Over time, too many have lost sight of the original design and have become lazy
and just call all dipoles feed with 450ohm lime as G5RV's.

No wonder new people get confused.

I know, I get a bit picky at times.

73,  Bill  KC4ATU