[TenTec] One Plug under Linux

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] One Plug under Linux
From: Steve Halliburton <wa2soc@hsix.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 08:12:54 -0400
Has anyone had any success with running the OMNI VII
One Plug software under Linux?  I've tried some cross-hosting
solutions that claim to run VB under Linux, so far with no success.
I also set up a virtual WinXP machine under VirtualBox but the
networking software has such long latency that the audio is terrible
even with the network adapter in bridge mode.  I really don't want
to have to have a separate computer to run Windows just so I can
use this one program.  I'm still fiddling with the VirtualBox networking
in the hopes of finding a way to make it faster, but it would sure be
nice if somebody out there has already made this work.

73, Steve WA2SOC