Re: [TenTec] Electric safety

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Electric safety
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:29:16 -0500
I have seen both Jurors and Judges sleeping in court during
my cases.  (I always hoped it was not MY presentation that put
them out!)

In each case, I politely had a judicial clerk (judge's assistant) or
bailiff wake them up.   In the case of a Juror, the bailiff usually
just shook the juror awake, and in the case of the Judge, the
judicial clerk would typically touch the Judge on the arm and
ask have him him to sign something routine, like some pre-approved
order in another case, and that would wake him up without
embarrassing him.   Clerks often have judges sign routine items
during hearings, so it could be done without being obvious.

With the judge, I always worried it would be a case of not letting
sleeping dogs lie !   But it never bit me!