Re: [TenTec] antenna analyzer reading?

To: ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] antenna analyzer reading?
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:35:29 -0600
If you read "Reflections" by Walter Maxwell; the function of the tuner
at the rig is to adjust the matching to the line to account for the
situation on the antenna end as well; well enough to minimize losses to
the practical extent.  The whole of the tuner, transmission line, and
antenna acts as a tuned system where the matching box adjusts such that
the transmitter sees on 50 ohms non reacative, if the matching box has
the proper range of adjustments for the band in use.  It is true that
SWR extremes do not introduce as high a loss in parallel line as coax,
for coax is a high current line, and parallel line is higher impedance,
lower current.  Thus, I squared R losses are less than coax I squared I
losses.

-Stuart
K5KVH