Re: [TenTec] Electric safety

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Electric safety
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:44:43 -0500
Gee, too bad, David, although I understand how you felt.  But,
you are supposed to tell the truth even if disagrees with the Court's
already erroneous statement.   Also the attorney should have objected
the Court improperly testified as if HE was the witness.  Many lawyers
do this... testify as if they are the witness.    (In my state, that can
be a violation of the Code of Professional Responsibility - attorney
becoming the witness.)

The attorney's job is, often enough, to tell the Judge he IS full of it.
Again, while I understand why you took that position, I think you
should have testified the Judge was mistaken.  I have told judges
they are mistaken all the time.   I got paid to do that when appropriate.
One time I told a Juvenile Court Judge he had abdicated his role
as Judge to the child  because the child would act out and do violence
until she got her way and refused to anything the Court or case
workers told her to do.   I told him the kid was, apparently, in charge
of the case!   I also argued the Court could not punish either client or
me as he had lost jurisdiction over a year before for failing to adjudicate
the matter within the first 180 days!    (good thing I was right, eh?)

But you are quite right - it is amazing how many times a case goes to
trial and there are NO experts on one side of the case, as you describe.

Currently, I am consulting with a attorney about a real estate case (he
owns rental property, and his driveway is partly on the neighbor's land, a
case of his chocolate in the other guy's peanut butter...)  but the dumb
bunny is too FREQ-IN CHEAP to hire an independent surveyor engineer
to defeat the other guy's mistaken survey from 2003.   Dumb.   He cannot
figure out why he cannot settle the case !    Probably cost him less
than $1000 to get a proper report that clarifies the case, and debunks
the mistaken survey.

Glad that is not My case and I am only a paid consultant on the job.