Re: [TenTec] Buying on EBay

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Buying on EBay
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:32:27 -0500
Unless I misunderstood you Ray, I would say that is not quite correct.
It depends on both accounts.

My account in EU is a funded account.
My account here in the US is a premium account.
When I move money between the two, I get charged the 2.9% for all
transactions, regardless of which account initiates the transfer.
If I buy privately in EU, I don't pay the charge.
I find it a rip off to have to pay that much for moving between my own
accounts.
Don't mind paying it if it is a business transaction, but with my own money?
Unfortunately it is the only convenient way I know to do it.
Everything else means a trip to the bank.

I sold my FT-950 to Russia. (will ship to his friend's house in Florida).
He wanted me to reserve it for him.
I told him he would need to hurry - confirm in an email and transfer the
money immediately.
He did that the next day.
I got the money immediately.  His rig ships Monday.
Imagine that without PayPal.  No way!

73
Rick