Re: [TenTec] Buying on EBay

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Buying on EBay
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:47:01 -0400
YES...   and the PayPal or other credit card transaction
is usually traceable.   Even your own personal check is
traceable.   BUT, a money order is next to impossible to
trace and, say, prove deliver and who cashed it (by checking
the endorsement, etc.,)  and very difficult to reclaim once
it is cashed.   You can allege forgery only if you can prove it.
So if the seller denies receiving a money order, you will be
very hard pressed to prove he received and cashed it, himself.
And it is your burden to prove someone else did not.

I had clients set up free checking accounts to deal with
difficult sellers or run settlement payments, etc., because
money orders get lost, or cannot easily be retrieved from the
issuing bank if you need evidence.  I have a checking account
I only use for PayPal and ham transactions, knowing I can get
records for it easily, and this isolates all that from my regular
accounts with my real money.  Only the play money goes into
the PayPal fun account.