Re: [TenTec] wither CW?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] wither CW?
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 03:52:35 -0700 (PDT)
Now you guys are getting to mellow dramatic.

Contests sounding like music with a straight key?

Stat handling traffic on One of the MARS nets or Ham CW nets.  Spend night
after night listening to static fades,
It was a tool and a darn good one.  You can lengthen out the Di or the Dah when
ever it was needed to get the word across
cause of conditions.

I sat there many a nights pounding brass.  Talking to my self cause of no
check-ins to the nets I ran every night.

My wrist and fingures go use to it.  I use to fly at 30 WPM on that old J-38.
Now I am lucky to do 20.

I retired the straight key.  I finally put it back on the 6n 2 meter TT
thinking I would enjoy it.  No activity :-(

Tried a bug and used it for a while on and off, and did not like it.  Went back
to the old J-38.

Now for the mushy part.  I look at it now use it once in a while and it brings
all those good memories back.

Stay on course, fight a good fight, and keep the faith.  Jim K9TF/WA9YSD