Re: [TenTec] headsets

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] headsets
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 17:01:37 -0500
You want to find CW contacts with lots of noise, explore those from
microwave EME. There a signal out of the noise a couple dB gets a 599
report! There are many posted on line. Look for stations like WB5LUA and
WA7CJO, maybe VE4MA, and KC8VOI.

The old WW2 surplus phones some of us started with in the 50s had an
intentional resonance about 1 KHz to enhance the tones of VLF beacons
where on way of flying routes was to match tones from two beacons that
alternately keyed. One was flying the beam when the tone intensity matched.

73, Jerry, K0CQ