Re: [TenTec] The Eagle

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Eagle
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 10:55:18 -0700
That could still make it competitive with the K3 which has a 'stripped down'
entry price of around $1,000, but a fully-loaded price north of $4k.  If the
basic RX platform has specs like the OII, it can blow the doors off most
anything yet allow for nearly infinite customization and future upgrades,
but still keep the base price between the Jup and the VII.  That would be a
grand-slam for TT!

I'm surprised that nobody yet has built a transceiver around the concept of
the Perseus SDR which has specs comparable to an OII and Flex 5000 but
without a single crystal filter.  It does require a Windows-based computer
like the Flex, but someday, someone will design a transceiver with an RX
platform something like the Perseus around a small, dedicated, internal
Linux box with a Solid State HD.  There is 'word on the street' that Perseus
may at some point have a TX companion.

            Ron Castro
                  N6IE
       www.N6IE.com