Re: [TenTec] The Eagle

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Eagle
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 08:12:27 -1000
> --User Selectable color display (256 colors 16 intensity levels)

Interesting that this is the first feature listed. Understandable
though, when you remember how much people complained about the Orion not
having color. With apologies to deaf operators, what the radio sounds
like is much more important to me than what it looks like.
> --Ten-Tec’s unique crystal ladder filters help eliminate undesirable
> signals from entering the receivers first IF stage

Are crystal ladder filters really unique to Ten-Tec? A narrow filter at
the first possible place in the first IF is certainly not unique to
Ten-Tec these days.
> -
> --RIT, built in CTCSS tones for 6 meter FM
I hope that is going to work on 10 meter FM too. There are 10 meter repeaters
that also require CTCSS.

> --Ten-Tec’s legendary silky-smooth QSK for CW and fast switching digital
> modes.

Glad to hear that Ten-Tec has not forgotten the importance of great QSK,
and that this is one of the things that they have built a reputation
for. If they forgot about this, I would forget about Ten-Tec for a new rig.

DE N6KB