Re: [TenTec] The Eagle inflation costs, etc.

To: ac5aa@ac5aa.com, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Eagle inflation costs, etc.
From: Jim Lowman <jmlowman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 17:16:49 -0800
A lot of it is nostalgia.  I dreamed of having a Collins station when
first licensed in 1965, but it was too rich for my blood.

At one point not too many years ago, I bought some gear that took me
back to my roots as a young ham.
My Elmer had a Drake 2-B/2-BQ, so I bought those in his memory.  I had
an early R-4/T-4X and now have the R-4C/T-4XC and a TR-4C.
The R-4C with the Sherwood mods still has impressive sensitivity as
compared with the latest and greatest rigs today.

I'd think that one of the major costs in re-creating the C-Line would be
the tube complement.  Getting tubes in any quantity might be difficult,
not to mention expensive.

No Orions or Omni-VII here, but my T-T stable includes an Omni-VI+ as
well as the QRP rigs:  Argo 556, Argonaut V and the "6N2."

73 de Jim - AD6CW