Re: [TenTec] Antenna follow up- asked for help in January- need more hel

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Antenna follow up- asked for help in January- need more help.....
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 22:18:52 +0000
Rick,

I you use the T-match simulator at:
http://fermi.la.asu.edu/w9cf/tuner/tuner.html
you'll find that minimum tuner loss usually corresponds to minimum
inductance.

Tom (W8JI) has some interesting views on T-match adjustment. He argues
that capacitor arcing due to high voltages should be of much much more
concern than inductor heating and losses. Again, his advice is to use
the minimum inductance possible. More here:
http://www.w8ji.com/antenna_tuners.htm

73,
Steve G3TXQ