Re: [TenTec] KPA 500

To: <ac5aa@ac5aa.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] KPA 500
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 07:54:39 -0800
TT would have to come up with something to differentiate itself from
Elecraft.  At this point, the route would be to offer full legal limit
solid-state amplifiers.  Elecraft went down that road with the KPA800 and
KPA1500, but never brought them to market.  I saw the prototypes of both
units (the pictures are still on my website) but instead, they pursued the
K-3 development and let the higher power amps wither on the vine.  The K-3
has been so popular that they are focused on accessories with a matching
footprint like the 500 Watt amp and the pan adapter.

I'd love to see TT with something equivalent to the Dishtronix amp!

            Ron N6IE
       www.N6IE.com