Re: [TenTec] OII V2.044A

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OII V2.044A
From: kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 22:51:22 -0500 (EST)
Barry,
Well, yes you can...but once you get PBT at - levels the recovered
audio is too muffled to hear well most of the time (on weak
signals)...I find I have to run PBT up to + 140 -190 most of the time.

Some of this is my ears....I have some high freq. hearing loss (wo
doesn't at 62) . You would think that would help!
In my scenrio the Halli SX-117 just was right...the audio was clear,
popping right out of the noise...but the HF hiss is gone.

Also, very pleasant for rag chew.

By the way... I have been working tons of DX on 40 and 80
tonight....OII is working super. Lous sigs 2 - 3 KC apart and OII just
pickes them out.
Roofing filter on 2.4 and DSP on 2.1.
73,
Lee, KC9CDT