Re: [TenTec] Omni C crystal holder source

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni C crystal holder source
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:05:03 -0600
With the crystal out of the socket you can try using a pointed object
like a scribe or ice pick to slip between the sides of the socket pin
and the insulator to squeeze the sides of the contact back together.

If the sockets are individual, they can be replaced.
http://www.danssmallpartsandkits.net/ has them. You need to know the size
whether 0.486 spaced and .040 pins or closer like .192.

Used to be and I've not checked lately, International Crystal
Manufacturing used to stock crystal sockets. Mouser's computer doesn't
admit they have any.

73, Jerry, K0CQ