Re: [TenTec] new radio

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] new radio
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 21:01:24 +0000 (UTC)

No, John, no. Not yet. I just got my Orion II in the past 2 months. Not ready
yet.

Seriously, TenTec has a very competitive lineup of radios that can do it all.
And, I am amazed that no matter what the complexity, their front panel is well
engineered. The Orion II is easy to understand (yeah, there is still a lot to
learn) and every conmtrol as well as the digital display makes sense to me. It
was very easy to get up and running the first day. Same was true with my Omni
VII.

My wish for a new product? A full house legal limit amp. Dare I say solid
state, no tune and follows the band changes on the two rigs mentioned above.
Tall order, yes, but not all in the shack is transcievers. Love my Herc IIs,
but want MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!!

Dave

WA3F