Re: [TenTec] new radio

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] new radio
From: Art Trampler <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 14:10:25 -0700 (PDT)
Note that with the (re)acquisition of the Commander amps from Palstar, it was
noted that new products may be "private labeled" for another amateur radio
manufacturer.

Kenwood, Alinco, Ten-Tec and Elecraft are about the only manufacturers without
"flagship" amps (not downplaying the new Elecraft, but power-wise some will
want "more).

Would it be out of line for Ten-Tec to partner with AN Wireless on a new amp?
It's unlikely to be solid-state or auto-tune, sadly. I'd be happy seeing a
version of the Centurion that came with 3-500ZGs and could put 3800 to 4000VDC,
key-up, on the plates through a full-wave bridge, and had adequate cooling,
bandswitches, etc for legal limit.

Call it the Legate or Consul, with the Pro-Consul having three tubes.

As for John's comment, some months ago John Henry let slide that an Orion
replacement is schedule before some other projects--I think he was being asked
about amplifiers. I've already submitted a couple of names for consideration.