Re: [TenTec] Solving PTO drift

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Solving PTO drift
From: "Charles P. Steinmetz" <charles_steinmetz@lavabit.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 04:46:44 -0400
Wayne wrote:

>Charles, I use a green grease made by Phil Wood & Co.  It is a bike
>grease  made
>for ball and roller bearings.

I'm familiar with it -- my bike shop stocks both it and Krytox (but
not the GPL-203 -- GPL-206 and -226, which are thicker, about the
same as the Phil Wood grease).  The Wood & Co. is great grease, but
still organic (petroleum-based), so it will eventually harden.  It's
also a bit thick for PTOs, IMO.  Krytox GPL-203 is inorganic
(perfluoropolyether with PTFE) and shouldn't harden for
millennia.  It also has significantly greater lubricity.

Best regards,

Charles