Re: [TenTec] Solving PTO drift

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Solving PTO drift
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 21:05:21 -0500
I had the factory rebuild both PTOs in my Corsair II and the external
VFO last year.  The one in the rig has settled down, but the one in the
external VFO is acting up.  It is still stiff, and has a lot of slop
when trying to tune it slowly. I noticed this weekend, that the dial
skirt moves at the same rate as the tuning knob.  So, apparently there
is minimal vernier reduction going on.  Before I send it back, is there
a fix for this that I can do myself without disassembling the PTO itself?

Thanks!

Steve WA9JML