Re: [TenTec] new RX366 sub receiver

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] new RX366 sub receiver
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 08:43:34 -0400
Have a look/listen under "Max SubRx: Diversity & SO2V" on n1eu.com to
learn the benefit of a good subreceiver.  The original Orion
subreceiver will get the job done in most cases, but a few of its
faults off the top of my head that the RX366 will address:

1. tends to fold when the band is crowded with strong signals,
especially on the low bands
2. when used for diversity reception, many Orion owners report issues
with the two receivers locking to the same frequency
3. preamp is not switchable

Also, I could be wrong, but I'd bet the RX366 will be user installable.

Barry N1EU