Re: [TenTec] Why no mention of TT?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Why no mention of TT?
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 16:59:10 -0500
HERE IS THE REPLY I RECEIVED FROM AUTHOR DOUG GRANT CONFIRMING MY
OBSERVATION ON WHY TT WAS NOT MENTIONED...

NOW FELLERS... Don't we have enough problems promoting TT gear without
imposing our own limitations based on speculation or innuendo ...?

HAPPY DAYS --- LOVING MY TT STATION GEAR !!

I HOPE YOU AND I ARE A PART OF HAM RADIO'S FUTURE.

=============================  James - K8JHR  ======================

Hello, James -

Your assumption is correct...my point in that section of the article
was simply to point out that we have some "newcomer" manufacturers in
the U.S. I did not have time or space to turn the article into a
buyer's guide, exhaustively listing all manufacturers, and that was
not the point of the article.

The article was written mostly for engineers who may have been hams
long ago, lost touch with the hobby and might want to get back in.
Such individuals would have never heard of the newcomers.

There was absolutely no intent to slight TenTec in any way. They have
been a solid manufacturer for a long time and I have a lot of respect
for their products. The Orion brought high-performance receiver
technology back to the forefront of transceiver design, and the new
Eagle seems to hold its own against the K3 and TS590 in price, size,
and receiver performance (even making the Rob Sherwood Top 10!).

My apologies to anyone who might have interpreted the article as being
negative in any way towards TenTec or their role in the future of ham
radio.

I hope TenTec is around for a good long time, and continues to develop
successful products that hams will want to buy in the future.

You have my permission to forward this response (in its entirety,
along with your original email to me) to the TT list.

73,

Doug Grant K1DG