Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ mute?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ mute?
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 01:52:12 -0500
I am a rookie at this, but this is my best shot, I have just started
researching these sorts of devices for an application in my shack...so
it seemed coincidentally timely enough.

A)

Maybe the DX Engineering TVSU-1A Time Variable Sequencer Unit would
help... it is a microprocessor-based transmit / receive control-signal
delay unit. It provides 0-30 ms of delay, programmable in 2 ms
increments, to as many as five outputs tied to the CW keying or
push-to-talk (PTT) lines.   By controlling the receive-to-transmit (and
back) timing of linear amplifiers, preamplifiers, and other sensitive
equipment, damage caused by improper switching can be eliminated.  This
sequencer improves CW performance by eliminating annoying leading edge
chopping or truncating of Morse characters. This is especially important
in contests or pileups where sending accuracy is critical.

See it here:          http://tinyurl.com/6n6vc8a

B)

The DX Engineering DXE-RTR-1 Receive Antenna Transceiver Interface
allows one to use a receive only antenna with his rig... while I don't
think it is exactly what you want, I reference it anyway, as a related item.

C)

or maybe you need an MFJ-1707 Automatic RF Sense Antenna Switch  or the
MFJ-1708 RF sensing TR Switch, one of these should be like the DX-E time
variable sequencer... I think.

D)

or Maybe the Array Solutions RF Limiter / Receiver Front End Protector
might be useful in such case, although it seems more like the DX-E-RTR-1
than the sequencer first referenced above:

http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/as_rxfep.htm

Anyway... I think one or more of these might be useful.

If not... sorry.   My road to Heck is well paved with my good intentions.