Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ mute?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ mute?
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 18:30:09 +0100
Barry, I was thinking about this some more.

I don't have the schematic here (ok, I could download it I guess).
Anyway, once you determine "where" the "T" and "R" signals are generated,
either on a Control Board like in the old days, or on the CPU board, what you
can do is interrupt the "T" signal where it exits this board. This will prevent
the OM6 from going into TX mode.

Then you can place the rig in TX as you have already tried and you "should not"
get any of the side affects you were experiencing.

If you need to mute the RX too, then you will have to tie the TX line of the
transceiver doing the transmitting into the R line of the OM6.  Specifically
have the TX line of the transmitting rig key an external relay that disables
the RX line of the Omni VI, while having the TX line of the OM6 permanently
disabled as described above.  In any case you're going to need a shovel to get
in there and dig.

Hope to wrk U in the contest anyway.

I'm only on with the Eagle Barefoot and a dipole this year.
I'm still searching for my darn CPU (parallel port) to rig connection for
keying the CW.
Haven't seen it since 2 years ago back in Oklahoma!
I may end up keying the contest by hand.
Well I guess I could wire up another cable in a pinch.

73
Rick, DJ0IP