Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ mute?

To: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ mute?
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 08:53:20 -0500
Greetings all.

My Omni VI/O3 has a MUTE jack on the rear panel which will mute the receiver
when
asserted.  According to the manual  "Whenever the MUTE line goes to ground, a
MUTE RQ
signal is...sent to the Logic board....This causes the transceiver to be placed
into transmit
mode, except that NO RF IS APPLIED until either the KEY or PTT lines are
grounded."

Does the 6+ have the same thing?

Happy Thanksgiving!

-Lee-