Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Autotuner upgrade?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Autotuner upgrade?
From: Frank <frankkamp@att.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 08:57:50 -0600
Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:

>If I lived on a farm without neighbors, I would have nothing but monoband
>antennas, all with a perfect match at the antenna.  Gotta win the lottery
>first before I can realize that.

How many perfectly matched monoband antenna systems can be built for the
price of a high power do-it-all tuner?

More basically, how many hams seek out perfectly unmatched multiband
antenna systrems?  Most of the multiband antenna systems on the market
seem to offer reaonably good matches to 50 ohm coax.

Lastly, I am pretty sure that internal tuners were not designed (or ever
will be designed) to allow one to use old bedsprings for an antenna or
load up aunt Thelmas lawn furniture.