Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Autotuner upgrade?

To: Clayton Brantley <clayton_n4ev@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Autotuner upgrade?
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 19:20:00 -0500
MFJ has a new remote auto tuner that costs about  $750 - supposed to
handle 1500 watts.   They have one that handles 600 watts for $400.

Some of use with 43 foot monopole vertical antennas are waiting to see
how the first user reviews look before we dive into an MFJ product.  I
suspect they are made by the same Chinese outfit that made similar
tuners formerly sold by  Array Solutions -  but Jay Terleski the owner
said they dropped the line over quality control issues.  At that time,
they had one that could handle 800 watts.   I suspect (hope, actually)
that if they are from the same manufacturer, they have been improved.
Time, I suppose, will tell.

>   From: Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP<Rick@DJ0IP.de>

I think MFJ recently came out with one that can handle high power,