Re: [TenTec] Orion s-meter calibration

To: TenTec reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion s-meter calibration
From: art davis <n4uc@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 14:00:30 -0600
I assume that the default settings are defined in the firmware, but in my case
they do not correspond to the actual meter readings for each step. In my case,
they are much stingier. When I set each one to correspond to the meter, then it
way too generous. Also, the maximum count of 255 only drives the meter to S9+30
or so. Same on TX, full power output deflects the meter to only about 70, or
about the same place as the max receive level. Methinks there is something
afoul in the meter circuitry.
Is there perhaps a hardware adjustment for calibrating the meter movement
somewhere?
Any suggestions?
N4UC